Tanana Valley Clinic is expanding theirBehavioral Health services to the community in 2020. We are excited to grow our team of Behavioral Health professionals to be embedded in our Family Practice departmentworking directly with patients, their primary care providers and our boardcertifiedPsychiatrist.
The Licensed Clinical Therapist provides clinical assessment and psychotherapy services for defined patient population. Services are provided to patients, families and/or groups in outpatient settings. Position provides treatment in one or more of the following areas: substance abuse, emotional and behavioral issues, eating disorders and other mental disorders as outlined in the "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders" (DSM). Provides crisis intervention and assists families in understanding the implications and complexities of the life situation and its impact on lifestyle. Provides professional social work assistance to clients and families as related to illness, disease, financial and educational needs by utilizing a variety of modalities in all areas of service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS 1. P rovides direct psychotherapy to individuals, families, andgroups. Coordinates all aspects of patient care, including interacting with the physician and other members of the clinical treatment team to provide quality patient care.
2. Provides education and orientation for patients, families and others to assigned treatment program to aid in therapeutic process. Collaborates with the patient in the development of a written treatment plan. Provides advocacy, assistance, support, counseling and crisis intervention to patients and families.
3. Monitors patients on an ongoing basis to continually assess needs and facilitate treatment and interventions. Documents clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment plan, diagnostic summaries, and progress charting in a timely manner to assure comprehensive and quality patient care.
4. Actively participates as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team, and maintains effective working relationships with physicians and peers. Consults with providers regarding complex patients and regarding prescription medications prescribed by providers. May conduct cognitive testing and document results.
5. Identifies patients with urgent mental health conditions (e.g. suicidal, homicidal, psychotic, etc.) and makes appropriate referrals to available emergency or psychiatric treatment facilities.
6. May provide clinical updates to representatives of managed care to assure coordination and reimbursement of treatment services.
7. Functions in a liaison role between the clinic and community in making community resources available to the patient and family. Coordinates with providers to assure optimal levels of care and to maximize treatment outcomes.
8. Knowledge of contemporary behavioral health and system theories relevant to health care, end of life dynamics, and interventions. Provides grief and bereavement counseling, substance abuse identification and interventions, support of victims of abuse, neglect, or violence. Provides professional education to staff and community.
9. Gathers / assesses information, applies counseling and developmental theories , utilizes diagnostic frameworks, and engages in collaborative treatment planning.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires a Masters Degree in psychology , social work, counseling, behavioral health , professional counseling , or a related human services field, or educational requirement as mandated by state board in order to obtain licensure in field of specialty.
Behavioral Health Licensure in field of specialty as mandated by state board or regulatory agency. For assignments in an acute care setting, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is also required.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 2 years of experience in a behavioral health setting. Requires the ability to work with a diverse population, along with interpersonal skills and knowledge required in treating patients in area of assigned specialty.
Must have knowledge of government/community resources such as Medicare, Medicaid, long-term care or any other applicable resources/services. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills, human relations skills and time management skills. In acute care, must be able to work flexible hours and take rotating call after hours.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.