You have a place in the health care industry. There's more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Join the Post Acute Services team! This department works as a collaborative team with business development and operations to ensure that we bring the best care to patients that we service. We are a integrative health care system that has a robust post-acute continuum of care that sets us apart from the competition.
As a Post Acute Access Specialist, you will be optimizing referral development for Home Health, Home Medical Equipment, Hospice, and Home Infusion Therapy. Bring your healthcare sales experience utilizing cold calling, virtual marketing component, and excellent organizational skills! You will be able to identify and develop new clients, while managing current accounts to optimal levels.
You will oversee a territory and will need to travel to different locations throughout the Southwest Valley.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for optimizing referral development for assigned service lines within Banner's Home Care AZ department, contributing to growth for the department and Banner Health. Identifies and develops new clients, while managing current accounts to optimal levels. Works in collaboration with Banner Home care operations to ensure our provider customers have a clear understanding of how to access our services, receive patient results and make Banner Homecare their provider of choice. The PAAS will develop strong sales tactics that have demonstrated ROI, document, track and report results. Strong understanding of customer preferences, referral patterns, growth goals and maintain client database with this intelligence. Must have strong knowledge of governmental regulations, Medicare eligibility requirements and comprehensive understanding of potential care plan needs for the patient in order to effectively communicate opportunities to referring providers and facilities.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Increase referral volume within the assigned accounts and meet or exceed growth targets. Develops and maintains contact with key physician practices, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, discharge planning services, case management and clinical staff to provide ongoing updates on Banner Home Care services available in the market.
2. Supports the development of alignment and sales strategies to incorporate provider, and other business-to-business targets for growth of organization's market share, including digital sales opportunities.
3. Maintains market awareness and prepares competitive updates as needed to achieve sales objectives.
4. Serves as a communication resource in the delivery and messaging to assigned internal and external stakeholders. Provides bi-directional communication for service lines and programs and product offerings, including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to address customer needs.
5. Ensures effective communication and collaboration with colleagues and operations and actively participates in regular team meetings. Brings relevant data, reports, as well as information regarding changes within accounts and referral sources. Identifies opportunities for and participates in performance improvement activities. Demonstrates competent professional practices and engages in opportunities for professional growth. Assists with new staff orientation and physician orientation program as directed.
6. This position may be assigned as a "Field Sales" or "Inside Sales" Representative or a combination of both, dependent on the needs of the department. Position duties, routines and requirements or goals may vary dependent on assignment.
7. Works independently under general supervision. The position's customers are internal and external - Internal: Department Directors and other managers and staff involved with assigned program(s); External: physicians, physician offices, social workers, community-based organizations, and, in general, anyone who might refer a patient to the assigned program(s). This position requires making decisions related to patient care coordination throughout various facilities and with various specialty practices.
Must possess a bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or related field required or equivalent experience and education.
Must have a valid driver's license and insured vehicle for daily travel requirements. Travel expenses will covered through daily mileage reimbursement according to Banner Travel Policy.
This position requires the skills, knowledge and abilities in healthcare services sales and marketing typically acquired over three or more years of related sales experience and education. The work requires a high degree of organization, the ability to manage time and resources effectively, and the self-starter ability to work independently to achieve goals. Effective negotiation, conflict management, customer service and interpersonal relations skills are necessary. The ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing and through common computer software is required.
Home health and/or hospice experience preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.