Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a Certified Orthoptist to join our team.
Our certified Orthoptist is responsible for providing evaluation, understanding and treatment to children and adults with disorders affecting visual function.
- Liaison between the Ophthalmologist and the patient and as such assists in the explanation and carrying out of a patient's individual treatment plan.
- Informs patients of the purpose of all tests personally performed and how they will be affected during the tests.
- Assists in the performance of complex clinical procedures requiring special assistance.
- May assist the Ophthalmologist in the operating room.
- Directs patient care including changing of dressings, instilling of eye drops and ointments, administer oral medications, place of temporary prisms on patient's glasses, etc.
- Provide training to patients on eye exercises to assist with the control of eye muscle conditions.
- Acts as a study coordinator by performing the essential testing required for each study such as vision, stereopsis, and cover testing.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or 4 years of experience in lieu.
- Experience: 0 years' relevant experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: Current Certified Orthoptist Certificate from the American Orthotic Council.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
For more information, please contact Julie Leguineche at firstname.lastname@example.org
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.