Location: Rye Brook, New York
Internal Number: REQ-020828
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Essential Key Responsibilities:
- Document, on the original case requisition, directions as to where the specimen must be forwarded based on insurance and test(s) ordered.
- For cases needing to be forwarded to another lab, transfer information from our requisition to the appropriate requisition based on insurance capitation or utilize LifePoint software to generate the appropriate requisition. Transfer must be flawless and extremely legible. This task is extremely critical, and accuracy cannot be jeopardized under any circumstances.
- Ensure all information is correct and kept with appropriate specimens.
- Develop the daily log that the couriers must sign.
- Develop the daily logs that must be sent to each client who has specimens forwarded - fax/e-mail log daily or weekly, depending on the client.
- Answer telephone lines promptly in a professional manner then transfers calls to appropriate person or take a message.
- High School education or equivalent; college degree in related field preferred
- Prior laboratory experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures and ability to reference them from appropriate books and manuals.
- Comply with the company's infection control policies and procedures including the Exposure Control Plan and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard to ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
- Ensure the company is operated in an efficient and cost-effective manner by adhering to the attendance policies.
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.