Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Billings, MT has an opening for a
Clinical Sciences Faculty (Full-Time)
This position is part of the newly established Clinical Sciences department at MCOM.
We are looking for someone to help establish the Montana College of Osteopathic Medicine, a branch campus of Rocky Vista University.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
$150,000 - $184,000+ per year depending on rank. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to faculty rank, skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials. The RVU Rank and Promotions Committee will determine rank of any finalist. The salary for individuals with ranks of Associate Professor or Professor, with significant experience, may fall higher than the salary range posted.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence: We are Rocky Vista University (RVU), a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare education university that recognizes, values, and respects the commonalities and differences reflected in our students, staff, faculty, and alumni. We strive to be compassionate healthcare educators and practitioners who embrace and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
RVU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Participate in teaching, service, and scholarly activities at the RVU campus in Billings, Montana. Teaching responsibilities will include - teaching foundational clinical knowledge, skills, reasoning, and attitudes to students throughout the MCOM curriculum.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide education, mentorship, and guidance to all students at the Montana campus in a variety of settings, including the classroom, clinic, laboratory, and simulation center.
- Maintain discipline and teaching expertise through continuing professional education.
- Participate in curriculum development, delivery, assessment, and enhancement.
- Provide service to the University and the greater community by serving on committees, providing leadership, participating in community outreach events and working with professional organizations or groups.
- Maintain regular office hours for participation in student advising, tutoring, and consultation.
- Engage in scholarly activity, including research, authorship, presentations at conferences, and mentorship of students in their scholarly activities.
- Participate in student assessment, feedback, and remediation to ensure that students meet MCOM's high academic standards in the areas of knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- Participate in the faculty development program, which includes providing instructional feedback to fellow faculty members and participating in faculty development training.
- Help build a culture that respects, values, and promotes diversity within an atmosphere of access, equity, and inclusion.
- Provide professional and clinical services in ascertained clinical settings consistent with training and degrees (as appropriate).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commitment to a high standard of integrity and professionalism.
- Commitment to RVU's mission, vision, and values, which are service, integrity, diversity, excellence, compassion, innovation, and collegiality.
- Knowledge and skill in curriculum design and implementation.
- Knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education.
- Competence in the use of electronic health records, learning management systems, Microsoft Office, Zoom, and other technology and programs necessary for the delivery of medical education at MCOM.
- Clinical proficiency in area of specialization.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Clinical Healthcare degree
- Able to obtain medical licensure in Montana.
- Good standing with all relevant regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
- Good standing with all relevant professional organizations.
- Eligible for coverage by the University's malpractice insurer.
- DO or MD medical degree
- Board Certification in applicable specialty
- Teaching experience at a doctoral or graduate medical education program.
- Familiarity with osteopathic medicine
- Leadership or administrative experience in a clinical or educational setting.
- Prior scholarly activity (i.e., research, authorship, professional presentations).
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/4Dq8KXUYlWkY5U7B5hW6KN