Location: Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
Excellent Opportunity to work with the nation's largest health care accreditor. We offer an excellent benefit package that includes generous time off, multiple insurance plans to choose from, 401k with match, work/life balance and more.
The Service Desk/ Systems Engineer Associate (SEA) maintains and supports the integrity of the IT infrastructure computing environment and offers support to the client experience team. This includes resolution of technical problems, documentation of procedures, and cross training of support specialists. The role supports various IT teams and projects and provides suggestions on process improvements. Under the guidance of the team, the SEA evaluates tools and utilities that could enhance the capabilities of the team. The SEA is capable to work on problems with oversight, and proactively escalate to senior staff only when needed. This role is a mentor to the IT operations team.
- Administer IT environments and systems, both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Assists in security findings mitigation.
- Uses network monitoring metrics to identify areas of concern, reporting on findings monthly.
- Offers configuration and troubleshooting support to clients. Creates knowledge base articles and cross trains the IT operations team.
- Supports project tasks on small and medium sized technical project implementations.
- Assists in disaster recovery planning and validation processes. The SEA is an active participant in DR testing.
- Maintains and monitors automation scripts in PowerShell and other scripting languages.
- Administers group policy and Active Directory.
- Tracks infrastructure hardware assets and software inventory including licensing.
- Provides application and network monitoring metrics to report out monthly.
- Confirms accuracy of new and existing procedures and policies related to network systems.
- Reviews documentation of network systems, services, and procedures. Identifies areas of deficiency.
- Performs other duties as requested by the team and business.
- Participates in the on-call rotation cycle.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar technology field preferred.
- Experience in the IT services support and technology field; prior experience in customer service preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma techniques and tools preferred.
- Foundational certifications are a plus.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Solid problem-solving aptitude with analytical and deductive skills.
- Strong oral and written communication to all levels within the enterprise is a must.
- Proficient capabilities using Microsoft products and technologies.
Ability to: Administer, verify, and document IT systems; communicate information in oral and written form to all levels within the enterprise; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust, and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification and reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.