Location: Brooklyn, New York
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: PETCT006441
Position Overview: The Nuclear Medicine Technologist is responsible for performing routine and specialized nuclear medicine procedures and examinations for radiological diagnosis. This also includes creating a tranquil environment, so patients will be able to adhere to examination instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Administer radiopharmaceuticals for patient imaging
* Operate computed tomography (CT) scanners that are used in conjunction with nuclear medicine procedures (PET technologists only).
* Demonstrates competency performing all nuclear medicine procedures and the operation of all related equipment.
* Provide images, data analysis and patient information for diagnostic interpretation
* Process data and enhancing digital images using advanced computer technology.
* Evaluate images to determine the technical quality and calibration of instrumentation
* Evaluate new protocols
* Assists in the completion of the accreditation process for American College of Radiology every three (3) years.
* Maintain communication with radiologists and other physicians, patients and their families, and other persons.
* Perform quality control and reporting tasks, setting up and conducting procedures, maintain day-to-day schedules, assisting radiologist, and contributing to the efficient operation of the department assuring the quality and continuity of patient care.
* Acquire patients' chart data/requisition and reviews both to determine correct room set-up and learn of any specific medical problems, contraindications to the study and verify that the study being ordered correlates to the diagnostic needs.
* Educate patients regarding procedure, equipment and exam to ensure understanding and safety.
* Maintain quality standards as it relates to HIPPA regulations.
* Maintain CPR accreditation.
* Demonstrate a positive patient experience; share information with patients, providing knowledge about the procedure; ensuring they are aware of follow-up steps and requirements.
* Demonstrates a positive experience from referring providers; providing excellent quality
* Consistently submit images of diagnostic quality without recommendation of additional image acquisition; performs quality assurance on images and equipment; demonstrates competency in utilizing systems.
* Make decisions authoritatively and wisely after adequately contemplating various available courses of action.
* Contribute to efficient out-patient operations, maximizing the productivity of assigned modality
* Observe patient for vital signs during examination.
* Utilize sterile techniques preventing contamination
* Identify anatomical orientation on all required images and assures proper file identification on all images.
* Review each examination for technical accuracy, presents completed examinations to radiologist, and communicates pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of patients following the procedure
* Demonstrate teamwork; interacts in a positive manner with employees and contributes to a collaborative work environment.
* Meet or exceed deadlines, follows through, demonstrating accountability, flexibility and adaptability
* Enhance professional growth and maintain certifications, registration and active CME's through education programs, conferences and workshops.
Qualifications and Education:
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Associate degree or Baccalaureate degree in nuclear medicine
* CNMT or ARRT certification
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to adequately use, or learn to use, the department's computerized system and its associated devices.
* Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to assist patients weighing 300 pounds or more and place them in appropriate positions for operation of equipment.
* Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment and review images.
Core Customer and Key Relationships:
* Patients, their families and friends
* Physicians and other medical staff
* External Medical Partners
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability