Location: Meridian, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Meridian is seeking an Ultrasound Technologist to join our team!
Flex Schedule to cover for sick days, vacations, leaves and other extra shifts.
Operates ultrasound equipment for diagnostic and/or therapeutic purposes. Prepares and assists patients during ultrasound exams and testing.
- Collect key information from the patient, family, provider, and nurses that are specific to the exam being performed in order to assist the provider in the proper diagnosis.
- Educate patient, family or provider as to the extent and detail of each procedure, including informed consent as well as pre-and post-procedure instructions.
- Ensure the proper exam is being administered to the patient. Consult provider as needed.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of all supplies as required.
- Assist provider during invasive procedures.
- Perform and document daily equipment inspections and high level disinfection per department policy.
- May be responsible for all American College of Radiology (ACR) accreditation requirements at each site.
- Participate in call rotation as needed.
- Able to perform exams in at least two (2) specialty areas.
- Performs the most advanced tasks with little to no supervision.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 0 years' experience
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Must have current certification in ONE of the following areas: Abdomen, Breast, OBGYN
- Departments (at Treasure Valley sites only) requiring additional certification:# Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Woman's Clinic, and Maternal Fetal Medicine departments require Nuchal Translucency (NT) certification from the Fetal Medicine Foundation
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
The city of Meridian is a suburb of Boise located approximately 10 miles from downtown Boise. Meridian is a premier place to live and work with just under 90,000 residents. This clean and attractive city is framed by mountains and has a pleasant mild, 4-season climate and excellent commerce. The city offers a wide selection of nearby recreational activities such as skiing, 130 miles of hiking trails and 25 miles of paths which link 850 acres of parks. Meridian offers premier shopping, dining and entertainment.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.