Location: Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
Assist the Executive Director and Senior Associate Director in managing the strategic development, growth and retention, and day-to-day operations of the activities related to the assigned sales team for accreditation and/or certification programs. Responsible for sales and account management within an assigned territory and for a specified Customer List. Manage assigned staff Business Development Specialists and Business Development Managers that serve as key contacts for organizations and programs eligible for accreditation and/or certification. Identify and assist new and existing customers in the decision process to pursue accreditation or certification. Serve as the lead business manager and administrator for the Department's contact management/customer relationship management database as assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Focus sales efforts on Health Systems and/or Corporations by pro-actively identifying potential targets, conducting business research, and meaningfully engaging key leadership contacts in the sales process.
- Actively contributes to the successful achievement of SBU performance objectives through effective SBU team involvement and proactive communication and collaboration.
- Manages assigned Business Development Specialists and Business Development Managers. Set performance expectations and monitor performance against established goals.
- Initiates contact and follow-up with organizations not yet accredited by the Joint Commission.
- Responds to organizations and consultant inquiries about Joint Commission accreditation or certification.
- Maintains/manages assigned leads and prospects within the Department's contact management/sales database. Ability to develop, analyze and respond to data reports within the contact management/sales database.
- Identifies opportunities, writes proposals, coordinates, prepares and delivers Webinars, Workshops, National and State presentations and events.
- Arranges, plans, and conducts external customer development meetings.
- Collaboratively works with other Joint Commission departments and staff to respond to customer inquiries and needs.
- Represents, within the Joint Commission, the views of the field segments that make up the assigned accreditation or certification programs.
- Promotes accreditation or certification and serve as program representative at conventions, national meetings, and other external activities.
- Collects input and identify trends from the field segments that relate to the assigned accreditation or certification programs.
- Participates in the identification, design, and development of Joint Commission products and services.
- Leads and/or participates in Strategic Business Unit and other internal work groups as assigned.
- Participates in the development and testing of accreditation and certification products, including education programs, publications, consultation, standards and survey process development, and any other products that support the accreditation and certification programs.
- Works cooperatively with state and federal relations staff to maintain existing recognition and reliance relationships and pursue new relationships.
- Works collaboratively with payer relations staff to develop, sustain and further relationships with targeted payers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to produce proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Effective public speaking skills.
- Able to organize and respond to complex information.
- Self-starter, comfortable in a deadline-oriented environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master degree or equivalent experience.
- At least seven years of progressive experience in a health care setting, including two years in the program represented.
- Familiarity with the field segments addressed by the program(s).
- At least 5 years proven track record in sales, business development and/or customer relations/account management.
Anticipated travel requirements (up to 25%).
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification and reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Note: Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19 as a condition for employment.