Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a CMA to join our Occupational Health team.
The Occupational Health Clinics specialize in treating patients with occupational injuries and illnesses, and provides additional services including, but not limited to, pre-employment physical exams, DOT and non-DOT drug screening, hearing and vision screening, respiratory fit testing and immunizations. The Occupational Health provider manages the injured worker's return to work and work restrictions and facilitates referrals to specialty services where appropriate.
The MA is responsible for assisting licensed providers with patient care, charting within the patient's EMR and has working knowledge and skills developed through formal training. The MA works within established policies and procedures.ScheduleFull TimeDay ShiftWeekdays8:00-5:00LocationSt Luke's has Occupational Health Clinics in three locations throughout the Treasure Valley. We can discuss your needs for most convenient location:* 703 S Americana Blvd, Ste 130, Boise* 520 S Eagle Rd, Ste 2213, Meridian (located within the St Luke's Meridian Medical Center)* 9850 W Saint Luke's Dr, Ste 207, Nampa (located within the St Luke's Nampa Medical Center)
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Sterilizes, cleans, and performs checks on medical equipment.
- Provides technical, clinical, and clerical support to provider and/or physician.
- Performs medical procedures as outlined by provider and/or physician.
- Processes prescription medication for refill under the supervision of a licensed independent provider (LIP).
- Assists physicians in patient exams and office procedures. Prepares basic laboratory tests on premises and prepares laboratory specimens.
- Enters diagnostic or medication orders under the direction of a licensed independent provider (LIP).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: 0 years' experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current recognized National Certification as a Medical Assistant and American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.