Competitive Compensation and Benefit Package
The comprehensive benefits and longevity based compensation package offered by Southern California Permanente Medical Group (SCPMG) enables physicians to focus on what they do best - provide their patients with exceptional care.
* Medical/dental/vision coverage
* Supplemental medical coverage
* Special dependent coverage
* Vacation/holiday/sick/education time and leave (prorated to work schedule)
* Retirement and savings plans
* Relocation package
* Professional liability coverage
* Minimum salaries are inclusive of premium pay and incentives depending on skills and competencies and geographic location.
Partnership of SCPMG
* Transition to a Partner/Owner of SCPMG
* Eligible after three consecutive years of full-time employment (six consecutive years of part-time employment)
* Increased benefits (e.g. compensation, retirement, life insurance)
* Voting rights on organizational decisions
*Annual Salary will be based on longevity with the Group and work schedule/effort
About the area
Kern County offers physicians and their families some of the region's most affordable housing, along with several of California's top natural attractions: it's the closest SCPMG area to the great outdoor experiences of world-famous Yosemite, King's Canyon, Sequoia, and Death Valley National Parks. The city of Bakersfield is a secret gem, with groves of old-growth trees, wide streets, and blocks of beautiful homes--without the typical Southern California traffic jams.
Kern County is unique within SCPMG. With its smaller-town, less urban feel, there is a true sense of family, of being an integral part of something very special. It's the only medical center within SCPMG that can meet as one united group at the same time. Our area's smaller size fosters open dialogue across all levels, offering physicians a voice and enabling constant improvements, small and large. Physicians enjoy the best of two worlds--operating within the stability and support of the Permanente system, yet maintaining the feel of a smaller medical group. New-hires are quickly integrated into the system, for accelerated learning and support. This welcoming spirit goes far beyond the medical center: Physicians' spouses and families are actively connected to one another in social activities, formal and informal, and to local culture and activities.