***$10,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates***
***Position is Hybrid***
(Time spent in the field, working from home and occasionally in the office for meetings or training)
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Clinical Quality Consultant RN will drive consistency, efficient processes and share best practices, in a collaborative effort with the provider and large or complex groups, designed to facilitate a minimum 4 STAR quality performance.
The Sr CQC will participate in quality improvement initiatives, attend monthly or joint operating committee meetings, develop recommendations for quality remediation plans and create tools and databases to capture relevant data for each region. This position will work collaboratively with each regional/market team and their leadership in a matrix relationship. This position may serve as the team lead for the clinical quality consultants in the assigned market and has responsibility for the network’s quality performance.
- Develop market business plans to motivate providers and large or complex group leadership to engage in improving Stars measures to be 4 STARS or higher
- Provide analytical interpretation of Stars and HEDIS reporting, including executive summaries to plan and provider groups
- Be the primary subject matter expert for all STARS related activities within their assigned market(s) working within a matrix relationship which includes Quality corporate operations and Regional/Market operations
- Lead or participate and present in weekly, Monthly, Bi-monthly, Quarterly and/or Annual business Review meetings related to STAR activities which summarize provider and large group performance and market performance as requested by or required by Quality or Regional leadership
- Analyze and evaluate provider and large group structure and characteristics, provider group/provider office operations and personnel to identify the most effective approaches and strategies
- Assist in developing of training and analytical materials for Stars and HEDIS
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Registered Nurse (within the states in which service is being delivered)
- 4+ years of healthcare experience, including experience in a managed care setting
- 2+ years of experience in HEDIS/Star programs, preferably in a clinical quality consultant role
- 2+ years of experience in provider facing interactions, including provider education
- 2+ years of experience with data analysis and/or quality chart reviews. Must be able to review data and provide recommendations for improvement
- 25% local travel with occasional overnight travel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree highly preferred
- Billing and CPT coding experience
- Clinical data abstraction experience
- Experienced using Microsoft office applications, including databases, word-processing, and excel spreadsheets. Must be proficient in Excel
- Medicare experience
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.