For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Clinical Quality Consultant RN will drive consistency, efficient processes and share best practices, in a collaborative effort with the provider and large or complex groups, designed to facilitate a minimum 4 STAR quality performance.
The Sr CQC will participate in quality improvement initiatives, attend monthly or joint operating committee meetings, develop recommendations for quality remediation plans and create tools and databases to capture relevant data for each region. This position will work collaboratively with each regional/market team and their leadership in a matrix relationship. This position may serve as the team lead for the clinical quality consultants in the assigned market and has responsibility for the network’s quality performance.
- Develop market business plans to motivate providers and large or complex group leadership to engage in improving Stars measures to be 4 STARS or higher
- Provide analytical interpretation of Stars and HEDIS reporting, including executive summaries to plan and provider groups
- Be the primary subject matter expert for all STARS related activities within their assigned market(s) working within a matrix relationship which includes Quality corporate operations and Regional/Market operations
- Lead or participate and present in weekly, Monthly, Bi-monthly, Quarterly and/or Annual business Review meetings related to STAR activities which summarize provider and large group performance and market performance as requested by or required by Quality or Regional leadership
- Analyze and evaluate provider and large group structure and characteristics, provider group/provider office operations and personnel to identify the most effective approaches and strategies
- Assist in developing of training and analytical materials for Stars and HEDIS
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Registered Nurse (within the states in which service is being delivered). In lieu of RN, Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN) with 5+ years of experience in HEDIS/STAR programs acceptable
- 4+ years of healthcare experience, including experience in a managed care setting
- 2+ years of experience in HEDIS/Star programs, preferably in a clinical quality consultant role
- 2+ years of experience in provider facing interactions, including provider education
- 2+ years of experience with data analysis and/or quality chart reviews. Must be able to review data and provide recommendations for improvement
- 25% local travel required, with occasional overnight travel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree
- Billing and CPT coding experience
- Clinical data abstraction experience
- Experienced using Microsoft office applications, including databases, word-processing, and excel spreadsheets. Must be proficient in Excel
- Medicare experience
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to pounds of force Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery Ability to properly drive and operate a vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.