$10,000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Interventional Radiology RN is responsible for providing patient care based on the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, implementation and evaluation under the general supervision of radiologist, Managing Nurse and imaging clinical operations. Provides direct face to face patient care prepping patients pre-operatively and caring for and monitoring patients postoperatively. Facilitates excellent customer satisfaction while achieving department specific financial goals. Following and assisting with standard of work to ensure proper flow and schedules for efficiency, maintaining supplies/par levels and department is in compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements. The registered nurse maintains current competency with nursing skills required and demonstrates knowledge regarding Standards of Care and Standards of Practice in the assigned area. Excellent communication, excellent interpersonal skills. Good organization, prioritization, auditing and time management skills.
- Preparing the patient’s chart, interviewing the patient to obtain required history explaining the procedure to the patient, observing the patient pre and post procedure
- Safely administers medications under direction of the physician and monitor patient during procedure
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage their care, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration as needed
- Uses critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient’s physical, psychosocial and emotional needs
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay
- Ensure strict compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies, procedures and processes
- Ensure patient care is delivered appropriately and consistent with OptumCare’s best - practices and industry standard measures
- Initiates, maintains, and discontinues IV access
- Monitors vitals including but not limited to blood pressure, pulse, pulse oximetry and cardiac rhythm
- Performs and monitors daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually QC checks on equipment utilized by the radiology nursing staff
- Educates and ensures staff and themselves are staying compliant with As Low as Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) principles
- Maintains stock supplies and assists administrators in determining quantities for purchase, performs general office duties such as recording procedure codes for billing purposes, typing forms, and scheduling patients
- Perform other work-related duties and activities as assigned or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NV RN license
- BLS and ACLS certifications
- 3+ years of experience in critical care nursing, demonstrating the ability to care for critical patients needing assistance under the guidance of provider
- Ability to identify abnormal cardiac rhythms
- Ability to utilize Microsoft office applications and EMR
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Basic Arrhythmia Recognition certification
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.