Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position exists to transition a Registered Radiologic Technologist to an independent Technologist. This position is accountable to prepare patients and learn all applicable procedures in accordance with physicians' orders and the procedure manual. The Cross-Training Technologist will accept instruction from designated staff to produce high quality images and prepare/present them with appropriate comparison studies and exam results to the Radiologist for timely interpretation. The Cross-Training Technologist will also learn the clinical information necessary to pass the applicable examinations.
$10,000 Sign On Bonus for Full Time and Part Time
$5,000 Sign On Bonus for PRN
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for examinations under the direct supervision of a Technologist by confirming physicians' orders, verifying patients' identities, obtaining adequate medical histories, and ensuring the appropriateness of examinations to facilitate timely accurate diagnosis of the patient.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors by requiring and supporting the establishment, maintenance, and education of an effective safety management program.
- Greets all patients, visitors, family members, physicians, and Associates in a courteous and professional manner.
- Addresses customers' needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially.
- Performs a proper discharge of patients once exam is completed. Answers telephones courteously and professionally.
- Screens and transfers telephone calls or takes messages as appropriate to facilitate effective Radiology communications.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials by reporting inventory depletion and restocking to ensure continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities utilizing the FOCUS PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach.
- Remains proficient in the use of all Radiology Management systems as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intended for MRI and Ultrasound training (and any other potential non-licensed) roles.
- Completion of an accredited program in Imaging required.
- Minimum of one year previous experience in Imaging (i.e. X-Ray, Ultrasound, CT or Nuclear Medicine Technologist) preferred.
- ARRT (or RDMS or NMTCB) registered or registry eligible. If registry-eligible at time of hire or placement, must pass registry examination within three months of hire or placement.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire.
- For Ultrasound, must pass the ARDMS OB or ABD registry prior to moving into a staff position, as a requirement by ACR.
- For MRI, must pass MRI registry within 12 months of start of program.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.