Location: Reno, Nevada
Internal Number: REQ-021439
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
You put the pro in medical laboratory professional. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the technical training to deliver quality results. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions.
As a Histology Technologist you will be in lab professional role, preparing histologic slides from human tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis by Pathologist.
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 4:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Location: Reno, NV
Full-time: Benefit Eligible
- Prepares sections of human tissue for microscopic examination and patient diagnosis, using techniques to gross (dissect tissue), embed (orient specimen in paraffin block), section (cut thin sections of tissue), stain (enhance contrast of tissue and highlight specific features of interest with routine hematoxylin and eosin stains), and mount tissue (adhere tissue onto glass slides), from surgical procedures
- Performs recuts and additional stains including special and immunohistochemistry stains
- Operates and performs maintenance on laboratory equipment including tissue processors, embedding stations, automated H&E stainer and film coverslipper, and microtomes
- Associate's Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing or Bachelor Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing
- Eligible for State licensure
- Completion of a Histology program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or minimum of one (1) year experience as a Histology Technician Trainee and competent in the areas of embedding, microtomy, grossing, special stains, and immunohistochemistry
- Successful completion of a visual color discrimination test
- Ability to work efficiently and produce high quality slides
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
1st Shift (United States of America)
Western Pathology Consultants
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.